Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Better Homes and Garden. They are soooo good!! Used low-fat milk and low-fat sour cream and they turned out delicious! Also baked them at 350 for about 25 minutes!
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 120.48 g chocolate-covered english toffee bars, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease ten 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In another medium bowl, combine egg, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add all at once to the flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Gently fold two-thirds of the chopped toffee into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter evenly.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining chopped toffee.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare and bake the muffins as directed; cool completely. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw muffins, covered, at room temperature. Wrap the muffins in foil and bake in a 300 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until heated through.
The three of us (my little family) gave this a thumbs-up which is a rarity in this house. My GD thought she was getting away with murder having a candy-coated muffin before going to school and since they're not overly sweet, it's what I liked best about this recipe. I made eleven muffins but haven't used paper cups since I converted over to Kitten's Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!), even the melted toffee didn't dare stick to the pans. Made for Photo Tag.