Recipe by Peter J
Nice way to enjoy English crumpets. If you're from a country where they're not widely available do yourself a favour and make some from scratch, there are plenty of recipes on RecipeZaar for them. This recipe really works a lot better using natural cheese rather than processed cheese.
Top Review by French Tart
Five stars for a ten star EASY and TASTY recipe! I made these as posted, but, I put the bacon on first and then the cheese on top, so it melted over my crispy bacon pieces and kept it from drying out too much! VERY much enjoyed for brekkie today and I will be making this again! Thanks Pete, made for Make my Recipe in the Aussie/Kiwi forum.
- 4 crumpets
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g bacon (one large slice or rasher)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly cook bacon in a non-stick frying pan and set aside.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over each crumpet followed by pepper and paprika if you are using them.
- Tear up bacon and place over the top, discarding fat and the rind etc.
- Grill for around 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted into the crumpet.