1/2 Photos of Crown Pork Roast With Cranberry Stuffing
3 hrs 30 mins
For an elegant holiday presentation or fancy dinner party, this standing rib roast is the schizzle! Asking your butcher to prepare a crown pork roast for you makes this easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces cornbread stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farm Corn Bread Stuffing)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 10 lbs pork crown roast, 12 rib (trimmed and tied)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 leaves fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1TO MAKE STUFFING: Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add celery and onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in stuffing mix and remaining ingredients, stirring just until mix- hire is moistened. Remove 2 cups unbaked stuffing, and reserve to stuff in pork roast. Spoon remainder into a lightly greased baking dish. Bake the remainder covered, at 325° for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 2TO MAKE ROAST: Preheat oven to 325°F Rub salt and pepper evenly over all sides of crown pork roast. Place roast (rib tips up) into a 1 quart round soufflé or bundt pan. Place sprigs and sage leaves over top. Place dish onto a roasting pan. Bake for 2½ hours.
- 3Remove roast from oven. Using a baster, remove the juice and drippings and place them into a medium saucepan to make the gravy later. Spoon 2 cups reserved unbaked cranberry stuffing into center of roast; cover the stuffing and rib tips with a small piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake roast for an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 155°.
- 4Remove from oven and begin making the gravy and allow the roast to stand before slicing.
- 5MAKE THE GRAVY: Heat the juice, drippings, flour and milk over medium heat, whisking constantly to get a smooth consistancy and thicken, about 5 minutes or until thickened to your liking.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crown Pork Roast With Cranberry Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 992.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: