- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium green onions, sliced, about 1/4 cup
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄3 cup dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except almonds and cranberries in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until wild rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook almonds in ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until they start to brown, then stir constantly until golden brown; set aside.
- When rice is tender, stir almonds and cranberries into rice mixture in crock pot.
- Cover and continue cooking on LOW for 15 minutes.