Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs 15 mins
An easy way to cook wild rice and it's perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Make and share this Crock Pot Wild Rice With Cranberries recipe from Food.com.
- Mix all ingredients except almonds and cranberries in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until wild rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook almonds in ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until they start to brown, then stir constantly until golden brown; set aside.
- When rice is tender, stir almonds and cranberries into rice mixture in crock pot.
- Cover and continue cooking on LOW for 15 minutes.
Made it last year at Thanksgiving and it was all gone. Agreed to make it again this year. Simple and OH SO good! Used the leftovers to make stuffed chicken breasts later.