Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Tender fall off the bone ribs. I found this recipe at Obesity Help. The recipe was posted by hear_me_roar. My family really liked these ribs. My ribs just fell apart when I picked them out of the crockpot. My ribs were done in 6 hours. When I made this ribs I used 3 pounds pounds of boneless ribs. I used sliced regular onions for the scallions. I used regular molasses for blackstrap molasses. I used apple cider vinegar for white wine vinegar. I used canola oil for sesame oil. I used minced garlic for the garlic clove.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- Put the ribs in your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the scallions, soy sauce, splenda, molasses, vinegar, sesame oil, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, ginger, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and Hoisin Sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs.
- Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 to 9 hours.
Excellent, easy, Asian-inspired rib recipe. Initially I was expecting something sticky sweet, but it was more savory and the sauce wasn't as thick as I'd expected, but still delicious.
I have used this recipe several times but instead of using ribs, i used a pork loin roast. I cut the roast up into 4 peices, multiplied out the recipe by about 3 (we really like the juice) then froze packages of the meat and juice to use for PULLED PORK SANDWICHES. I used the recipe as printed here. THANK YOU SO MUCH, THIS IS A KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BARBARA