Recipe by Margie99
This sounds like a great way to make stuffed cabbage in the crock pot. I wanted to post this recipe so that I would have it available when I get around to making it.
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb lamb
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cabbage leaves. Boil 4 cups of water. Turn heat off and soak the leaves in the water for 5 minutes. Remove, drain and cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients except tomato paste and water. Place 2 Tablespoons of mixture on each leaf and roll firmly. Stack in the crock pot.
- Combine tomato paste and water and pour over stuffed cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.