Recipe by Kristen H.
I was looking for a roast in the freezer and didn't have any so I threw this together and decided that it would make wonderful steak sandwiches...so tender!
Top Review by LainieBug
My crockpot tends to cook hot, so I cooked the steak for 6-1/2 hours and it was fall-apart tender. Used 1 teaspoon of Emeril's Essence to zip it up a little. Excellent idea to serve on garlic bread. Definitely will make this again!
- 2 lbs boneless round steak, tenderized
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Emeril's Original Essence, to your taste
- fresh cracked pepper (6 grinds)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Season steaks with garlic powder, pepper and Essence. Lay steaks (I put mine in frozen)in crock pot and pour beef broth around steaks. Cover and cook for 8+ hours.
- Serve on toasted bread with garlic butter (1/3 cup butter mixed with 1 tsp or garlic powder to your taste). Cut sandwich in half and serve.
- Note: My round steaks were purchased pre-tenderized.