Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is New Year's Day tradition in my family, although made on a larger scale using homemade kraut, this works just fine. Adjust the amount of kraut and pork to fit the size of your crock. Will melt in your mouth and will disappear quickly!
- Season pork shoulder to taste with salt & pepper.
- Lightly brown pork shoulder on all sides in oil over med-low heat and place in crock-pot.
- Add a little onion then some kraut and sprinkle of pepper and repeat until crockpot is almost full. May drain jar of kraut if too much liquid accumulates.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. May stir after 6 hours and add liquid if needed. Add hotdogs, bratwurst and/or knockwurst during last hour or two. Recipe is done when pork falls apart when stirred.
- Serve with mashed potatoes. hot dog buns, and mustard.