1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Roast Beef With Mushroom and Sun-Dried Tomato Gravy
17 hrs 30 mins
A heavenly pot roast! The cook time includes the overnight marinating and crock pot time. Also, for those interested, one 3-oz serving of the meat and some of the potatoes and veggies is only 8 Weight Watchers points!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean chuck roast
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package dried morels or 1 (1/3 ounce) package dried shiitake mushrooms or 1 (1/3 ounce) package mixed dried wild mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 16 small round red potatoes, washed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1Trim the fat off of the roast.
- 2Combine the soy sauce and garlic in a small bowl, and place the roast in a large Ziploc bag, pouring the soy sauce mixture on it.
- 3Seal and marinate overnight, turning the bag at least once.
- 4Bring the beef broth to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 5Add the dried mushrooms, stir, cover and remove from heat.
- 6Let sit for 20 minutes.
- 7Drain the mushrooms through a coffee-filter lined sieve or cheesecloth-lined colander, reserving the broth.
- 8Remove the roast from the bag, and save the remaining marinade.
- 9Press the cracked black pepper into both sides of the roast.
- 10Mix the marinade, mushroom broth, and tomato paste together; stir well and set aside.
- 11Place the mushrooms, onion, carrots, and potatoes in a large crock pot and toss.
- 12Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high.
- 13Add the roast and brown well on all sides.
- 14Put the roast on top of the veggies in the crock pot, and pour the broth mixture over the roast and veggies.
- 15Scrape the bottom of the skillet to remove the brown bits into the crock pot.
- 16Cover the crock pot with the lid and cook on high 1 hour, then cook on low another 8 hours.
- 17Place the roast and veggies on a serving platter and keep warm.
- 18Reserve the liquid in the crock pot.
- 19Place flour in a small bowl.
- 20Gradually add the water and stir with a fork until well blended.
- 21Add it to the broth in the crock pot, Cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring often.
- 22Serve the gravy with the roast.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Roast Beef With Mushroom and Sun-Dried Tomato Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.4
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 518.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: