Swiss Turkey Burgers in Tomato Gravy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 8 red potatoes, cut into 4 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together potatoes, oil, and 1 teaspoons salt in a bowl. Spread potatoes in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan, and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, stir together turkey, egg, dijon, breadcrumbs, pepper, and seasoning salt in a large bowl. Shape into 6 (3 1/2-inch) patties.
- Cook patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove patties, reserving drippings. Sauté onion in hot drippings 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, bouillon, and 1/2 cup water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbly.
- Return patties to skillet; spoon tomato mixture over patties. Cover and cook 15 minutes; uncover and cook 5 minutes. Place 1 cheese slice on each patty. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Sprinkle with basil, if desired. Serve with potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!