This is a delicious stew. Easy to make and smells so good while cooking.
Make and share this Crock Pot Meatball Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen meatballs, thawed
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 -5 potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Place potatoes, carrots, onion, mushrooms, and meatballs in a crock pot. In a bowl, stir tomato sauce, beef broth, red wine, 3/4 cup water and garlic powder. Pour over meatballs and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- 1 hour before it's to be done, thicken sauce with 2 tablespoons flour into 1/2 cup cold water.
I enjoyed this, but my family only though it was ok. Next time i may add some stewed tomatoes and a few more spices.
I was looking for a tummy warming comfort food type recipe,and I came across this one and decided to try it.I made this on 3/30/09 for mine and SO's dinner.Due to what was one hand, a few changes were made to the recipe. I didn't have any baby carrots,so regular carrots were cut up and used.Since I don't care for mushrooms,those were left out.Instead of using wine, the same amount of a beef broth/water mixture was used.I cooked this on low for about 6 hours, and after a couple of hours the smell was fantastic.The amount of the flour/water slurry was "right on the money "After tasting, we both decided that it could use a bit more garlic powder and maybe some oregano.But this will be made again. Thanks for posting and,"Keep Smiling :)"
This is a great meal to have ready after working all day. I used frozen turkey meatballs, omitted the red wine and used 2 large potatoes cut in chunks. The mushrooms were fresh and were sliced and added the last hour of cooking. The broth was plenty thick and there was no need to thicken. This was served with a green salad.