Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this recipe on a cooking blog http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html and I'm saving it here to try it.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Place chicken into crockpot and toss it with thyme, dijon mustard and maple syrup.
- Peel and slice sweet potato and onion.
- Place onion, sweet potato and minced garlic on top of chicken.
- Add chicken broth and bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- This is done when the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables reach desired tenderness.
The flavors just didn't go well together.
This was very different. I really enjoyed the juicy chicken and the flavorful sweet potatoes, but just not together. It was weird, but not in a bad way! I think I may try it again and leave out the s.potatoes, then serve the chicken w/mashed white potatoes. I don't know. It was juicy and tangy and savory. It was worth a shot! (anything off this blog is worth trying!!!!)
I'm sorry, but the ingredients in this dish just didn't work well together for us. And I really wanted it to work because it's easy and I had everything on hand! :( The chicken was delightfully tender and the sweet potatoes tasted good with the maple/dijon flavored sauce, but all in all this just isn't a good dish. Thank you for your link to the blog. I'll check out some other recipes on it as well as look at some of your others you post here! :D