Crockpot Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup
This recipe is from A Year of Slow Cooking (crockpot365.blogspot.com). It's a favorite in our house. In a pinch I have even made this on the stove. My family loves it.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed (you could also use dried beans)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, to stir in at the end
- garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, avocado slices, cilantro, sour cream
- In a 4 quart or larger crockpot, combine all ingredients except sour cream.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream.
- To thicken, you could using and immersible blender to blend some of the soup.
- Garnish and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION