Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 hrs
My best friend gave me this recipe years ago. My family loves it and it's a big hit when taken to get-togethers.
- 3 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopespatini spaghetti sauce mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- Put all the ingredients (*except the ketchup*) in a crock pot on low overnight or on high for 5 hours.
- Shred meat with a fork.
- Put meat back in the crock pot and add the ketchup.
- Cook another 6-8 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Serve on the roll or bread of your choice.
The next time I make this I will leave out the green peppers. But that would be the only thing I'd change. No fuss and easy to make . Thanks Cindy, this is a keeper.
I though this was great! It had a great taste and very easy to make...made some vegetables and the toddlers eat it too!! thanks Cindy this is great!