Recipe by Seasoned Cook
PORK never tasted so good!!! Tender, juicy pineapple sauce sends this recipe to the top of the scale! Not too sweet and a beautiful dish for guests! Easy dinner while you work or shop. Serve on top of buttered rice!
- 2-3 pork tenderloin, cut in pieces
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 226.79 g pineapple tidbits (drained well)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet lightly brown pork pieces slowly in vegetable oil. Remove from skillet and place in bottom of crock pot.
- In same skillet cook onion and celery just until tender, but not browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 1 minute. Pour sauce over pork pieces in crock pot.
- Turn crock pot on high for 1st hour and then to low for 3-4 hours.
- Note: If using optional green pepper, brown with onion and celery.
- Note: If you want sauce thicker, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch during last 30 minutes.
- Great served over buttered rice!