Solar Cooked Hawaiian Kalua Pork
photo by SunshineCooking
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 5mins
- 2 lbs pork shoulder (butt)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke, to taste
- 2 teaspoons hawaiian sea salt, to taste
- 1 banana peel
- Season the pork shoulder with sea salt.
- Rub liquid smoke on the pork.
- Place banana peel on top of the pork. (banana peel replaces banana leaves for flavor).
- Transfer pork to solar cooking pot and place in solar cooker.
- Solar cook until it is completely cooked (about 4 hours).
- When pork is done, pull apart/shred.
- Serve with rice, stir-fried cabbage, and macaroni salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We bought a solar cooker in May 2009. It has inspired us ever since to create makeshift solar cookers. We have a channel dedicated to our solar cooking adventures. It shows solar cooking from start to finish and a few recipes. You will see how we have adapted our own recipes and other recipes we like to solar cooking and we are here to share our solar cooking experiences with you. Please check out our videos on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/SunshineCooking