Solar Cooked Apple Crostata
photo by SunshineCooking
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup apple pie filling, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Roll pastry into a 10 inch-circle.
- Transfer to a 9 inch dark, round cake pan.
- Fill the center of the pastry with apple filling.
- Lift about 2 inches of the border over the apple filling to enclose the dough.
- Pleate it to make a circle.
- Whisk the egg and water in a small bowl.
- Brush the rim with eggwash and sprinkle it with sugar.
- Place pan in solar cooker and solar cook until the crust is golden brown (about 2 1/2 hours).
- Remove from solar cooker and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We bought a solar cooker in May 2009. It has inspired us ever since to create makeshift solar cookers. We have a channel dedicated to our solar cooking adventures. It shows solar cooking from start to finish and a few recipes. You will see how we have adapted our own recipes and other recipes we like to solar cooking and we are here to share our solar cooking experiences with you. Please check out our videos on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/SunshineCooking