Sweet Hawaiian Crock Pot Chicken
photo by russcobleigh
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 2 lbs boneless chicken, but into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar and soy sauce; mix well.
- Stir in chicken pieces, coating well.
- Pour into crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice.
- If desired, you may also add chunks of pineapple, bell pepper, sliced carrots, onion -- .
I made this yesterday. This recipe (almost word for word) is also featured in the Key Ingredient website which shows a mouth watering picture of chicken chunks covered with a luscious caramelized sauce. https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/619028342/sweet-hawaiian-crock-pot-chicken/ The results are essentially stewed chicken in a brownish liquid. Thickening it with cornstarch helped some, but did not achieve the results I wanted. I would still like to know how to achieve the yummy looking chicken in the Key Ingredient recipe posted by JanetG.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a semi retired grandma - I earn my living babysitting my grandson and baking goodies to sell at Farmer's Markets, Craft Bazaars, etc. I enjoy music, gardening, camping, fishing and cooking.