1/5 Photos of Crock Pot Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
4 hrs 40 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it has become one of our favorites. You can cover any leftover potatoes and refrigerate or freeze. Reheat quickly in the microwave, adding a little milk for desired consistency.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve or quarter potatoes as necessary to make similar size pieces.
- 2Place in a 4 to 6 quart crock pot.
- 3Add garlic, oil, salt and water; mix well to coat all potato pieces.
- 4Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until potato pieces are tender.
- 5With a fork or potato masher, mash potatoes and garlic.
- 6Stir in cream cheese until well blended.
- 7Stir in enough milk for soft serving consistency.
- 8Serve immediately, or cover and hold in slow cooker on LOW setting for up to 2 hours.
- 9I have used a 3 ounce piece of cream cheese, cubed, in place of the tub of cream cheese and chives and onions.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 610.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with chives and onions