Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it has become one of our favorites. You can cover any leftover potatoes and refrigerate or freeze. Reheat quickly in the microwave, adding a little milk for desired consistency.
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese with chives and onions (from an 8-ounce tub)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- Halve or quarter potatoes as necessary to make similar size pieces.
- Place in a 4 to 6 quart crock pot.
- Add garlic, oil, salt and water; mix well to coat all potato pieces.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until potato pieces are tender.
- With a fork or potato masher, mash potatoes and garlic.
- Stir in cream cheese until well blended.
- Stir in enough milk for soft serving consistency.
- Serve immediately, or cover and hold in slow cooker on LOW setting for up to 2 hours.
- I have used a 3 ounce piece of cream cheese, cubed, in place of the tub of cream cheese and chives and onions.
These were so easy! I loved that about this recipe for our Christmas Eve dinner. We really enjoyed them too! Only difference I would make is next time add a little butter the last 20 minutes or so of cooking to make them a little creamier but not quite as thick. The taste is terrific! Thanks so much for sharing!
This recipe is awesome! Very simple to make. I accidentally added the whole tub of cream cheese and it was still wonderful.
These were simple and tasted amazing! I only had one pound of red potatoes so I divided the recipe into thirds and it turned out great. I also only had regular cream cheese...next time I will make sure I try the cream cheese with chives and onions. DH kept saying these are awesome potatoes! Definitely a keeper in our house! thx!