Recipe by Andtototoo!
A very easy hot sandwich to make.
Top Review by hunterhall_29
This recipe is almost spot on. It has lots of flavor which I like in a recipe. I am all about flavor which is why I chose this recipe. The others were good but lacked spices. I did change it a little to my liking. I decreased the soy sauce by half and added 1 1/2 tsp of season all seasoned salt and I added 1 packet of liptons beefy onion dried soup mix and omitted the beef bouillon cube. I also sauteed two shallots in a little olive oil and butter and added that to the mixture. Otherwise I left the recipe and instructions as is. Came out succulent, tender and extremely flavorful. This is a great as is because the soy sauce helps make the au jus very tasty. Highly recommend this to all.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef roast
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 French rolls
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beef roast in the crockpot.
- Add water to the crockpot until the meat is almost covered.
- In a cereal bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Pour into the crockpot.
- Cook the meat on high or low until cooked.
- When the meat is very tender, remove it from the crockpot and shred it with two forks.
- Serve the meat on buttered French-style rolls, with some of the broth in a small ramekin for dipping.