Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I don't remember where I got this, but I do know I have changed it slightly. Everyone I've served it to has really enjoyed it. And it's amazingly easy.
- Place chuck roast in crock pot.
- Mix together soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, pepper, rosemary, thyme& garlic.
- Pour on roast.
- Add enough water to just cover meat.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove meat from crock pot and shred into chunks.
- Fill crusty rolls with meat and serve with small bowls of broth for dipping.
- If desired, you can make this a day before.
- Remove the meat from the broth and refrigerate both separately.
- When cold, skim the fat from the broth and reheat meat and broth together in a large saucepan before shredding and making into sandwiches.