1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Duck Confit
this is from today's paper and tastes just as good as the stove top version
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1combine salt and sugar.
- 2put the legs in a plastic container, cover with salt/sugar mix, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3rinse the duck and soak in cold water to cover for 2 hours.
- 4drain duck and put into crock pot.
- 5cover with duck fat and use olive oil if needed to completely cover.
- 6add garlic, pepper, thyme.
- 7turn crock pot on to low setting, cook for 3 hours until meat falls off the bone.
- 8remove from crock pot, pour fat into a ceramic bowl.
- 9let the duck and fat cool to room temperature.
- 10store the duck in the fat in an airtight plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Duck Confit
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14789.3
- Calories from Fat 14274
- Total Fat 1586.0 g
- Saturated Fat 527.6 g
- Cholesterol 1589.2 mg
- Sodium 70733.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 124.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: