Instant Pot Duck Confit
photo by alenafoodphoto
- Ready In:
4 Duck Legs
- 1 tablespoon and 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 5 cloves, lightly crushed with a rolling pin
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 star anise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice berry, lightly crushed with a rolling pin
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 4 duck legs (about 8-12 ounces each)
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic, cloves, bay leaves, star anise, and allspice berries in a small bowl. Coat duck legs with spice mixture on all sides. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and transfer to refrigerator, uncovered. Let sit at least 24 hours and up to 3 days.
- Scrape aromatics off of duck legs and reserve. Place legs in an even layer, skin side down, in Instant Pot. Place on saute setting. Cook until golden, about 10 minutes. Flip legs, add aromatics to pot, and top with lid. Place on high pressure and cook 40 minutes. Release pressure manually. Carefully remove legs from instant pot. You can either crisp the skin in a skillet over medium-low heat and eat immediately, or transfer legs to a heat-proof container or bowl. Cover with rendered fat from cooking. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to use. For best results, scrape excess fat off of chilled duck legs and sear in a cold skillet over medium heat until skin is golden and crispy, flipping once.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!