1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Curried Lentil Soup
6 hrs 15 mins
Jennifer Michele's Note:
Serve this with crusty rolls for a satisfying winter or fall meal, or use it as a side dish with sandwiches. I am not a big lentil OR soup fan, yet I really enjoyed this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably olive, or for authenticity -- clarified butter)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons good curry powder (I like using more, but it is all to taste)
- 6 cups good vegetable stock (water or chicken stock can be substituted)
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add onion and cook until translucent.
- 3Add curry, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 4(you should be able to smell the curry flavors when it is ready) Add some of the stock to the pan to deglaze.
- 5Pour the contents of the pan, and the rest of the stock into a crock pot.
- 6Add the lentils to the pot.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 8Before serving, puree some of the lentils to give the soup some body, and add the tomato and any salt that you wish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Curried Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.3
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: