Curried Lentil and Vegetable Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a very warming and wholesome winter soup. You can use many different types of vegetables.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces carrots, diced
- 8 ounces celery, diced
- 8 ounces potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons of hot curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 8 ounces red lentils
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Gently melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Gently fry the onions and garlic until transparent.
- Add the other vegetables and gently fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoe puree and the vegetable stock and cook for approximately 20 minutes until all the ingredients are cooked.
- Just before serving add the fresh coriander leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION