Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Souper simple and makes you want to eat until you pop. This recipe came from a Better Homes and Gardens Crockery Cookbook. This gets rave reviews every time I make it for guests.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- Put potatoes in 3 1/2 quart Crock pot.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese and salad dressing mix.
- Stir in soup.
- Add potatoes.
- Cover - cook on low heat for 7-9 hrs or on high heat 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours.
- Stir to blend before serving.
This was awesome. My whole family and friends loved them. So easy to make.
I have made these many times, but forgot to write a review. They were a hit everytime that I have made them. I have made them with cream of potato soup, as called for, but have also used cream of chicken or cream of mushroom when I didn't have cream of potato on hand. Easy to make and always get lots of compliments!
Sorry to say but I was really disappointed. The mixture of cream cheese, soup and dry ranch mix seemed really thick when I mixed it but thought after 6-8 hrs in crock pot - it would thin and make a "sauce". It didn't - just looked like kinda "globby" and didn't evenly coat the potatoes.Looked worse than it tasted. Maybe adding more liquid to thin the mixture would have helped.