Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This soup is really tasty and makes the house smell good.
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- minced fresh parsley
- Put the 1st (11) ingredients in the crock-pot.
- Cook 6 hours on Low setting.
- Add frozen peas and noodles cook on Low setting 1 hour or until noodles are done.
- Stir in sour cream and garnish with parsley.
Excellent soup! Very easy to make and it was delicious. Even my littlest who doesn't like much, loved it. Thank you for sharing.
Made this today for supper on a cold, snowy November day. It was perfect comfort food! I had to use 4 cups chicken broth/4 cups beef broth as I didn't have enough chicken broth. I also didn't have marjoram, so used a sprinkle of poultry seasoning and rosemary. The house smelled great, and my whole family enjoyed the soup. It was great with some crusty French bread.
I loved this! I didn't add the mushrooms (they're kind of yucky). I also used the tiny soup pasta instead of egg noodles. It turned out fantastic, fed my family of six with lots left over. Perfect with a loaf of homemade bread!