1/17 Photos of Crock Pot Chicken or Turkey Stock
16 hrs 10 mins
I now have my crock-pot 6 months. Because I don't need it as a time saver I have not used as much as I thought I would. But, it is great to make good chicken stock and I use it for that purpose a lot. I let the crock-pot do this during the night. My crock-pot is 3 liter/quart so a small one, adjust the ingredients to the size pot you are using and use your own judgement. I find it handy to freeze some of the stock in ice-cube bags for sauces. If you do not have all the ingredients on the list...it does not matter, you also do not have to follow the amounts exactly, be creative and add other veg or more of the same, or what you have in the fridge and think is suitable for making this recipe, just let it cook slowly to get a great rich stock. Have fun with this and enjoy the result!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs chicken bones (raw or cooked, boiling fowl or chicken or carcasses)
- onions, chopped or quartered leave the skin on it gives nice color to the stock
- celery, chopped
- carrot, chopped
- 1 small leek, chopped
- 10 black peppercorns, approx
- 1 garlic clove (to taste)
- 1 bay leaves or 1 bouquet garni
- boiling water
- 1Preheat the crock-pot on high.
- 2Try breaking up the bones as small as possible, place with all the other ingredients in the crock-pot.
- 3Cover with as much boiling water your crock-pot can take, I can add approx 6 cups of water.
- 4Switch to LOW and cook for 12 or up to 24 hours.
- 5Strain, cool, skim of the fat, use the stock or freeze.
- 6If there is any meat on the bones, remove it and use for the soup or other dishes, it will be also good for a ragout.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken or Turkey Stock
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: