I wanted to make chicken marsala one night, but didn't want the hassle of cleaning up the pan from frying. This creation turned out to be an easy alternative and tasty too!
- Put the chicken breasts in a 5 quart crock pot. They can go in frozen, but make sure they don't overlap as much as possible.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and basil, and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Pour the wine and broth into the crockpot.
- Dot the butter over the chicken and dump the mushrooms on top.
- Cook LOW for 6 hours.
- When the 6 hours are up, take the chicken out and place on the serving dish. Stir the sauce a little, and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve over pasta or rice.