Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
photo by ChrisWebAdmin
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced (or cremini)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt, to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skinless
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
- Add the butter to the inner pot and heat on sauté. Once the butter has melted and the foam has subsided, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until browned and reduced, about five minutes. Stir in the garlic and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the marsala to the pot and cook, using a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pot. Press cancel to stop the cooking.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken in stock to the pot.
- Lock the lid. Cook on high pressure for eight minutes, then manually release the pressure.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate. Stir in the parsley and cornstarch mixture, and heat on sauté until slightly thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve sauce over the chicken.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!