Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From a foodie blog, http://fortunavirilis.blogspot.com/. Recipe was adapted from "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann.
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 4 skinless chicken thighs (about 3/4 lbs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked hominy (about 1 can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatillo salsa
- Combine first 9 ingredients (through stock) in medium crock pot (I used a 3 1/2 quart - don't use anything bigger unless you plan to double the recipe).
- Lay chicken on top of this mixture, and top with hominy and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Use two forks to pull apart the chicken, and remove bones if you used bone-in meat.