Hominy Meatball Stew
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg,cornmeal,onion, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4 inch balls ( about the size of a walnut ), and place in a large skillet over medium heat in which the 2 Tablespoons of oil has been added.
- Brown meatball in batches and drain.
- In a dutch oven, combine the hominy,tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and add meatballs.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)