Crock Pot Chicken and Hominy Stew
photo by yogiclarebear
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 4 skinless chicken thighs (about 3/4 lbs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked hominy (about 1 can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatillo salsa
- Combine first 9 ingredients (through stock) in medium crock pot (I used a 3 1/2 quart - don't use anything bigger unless you plan to double the recipe).
- Lay chicken on top of this mixture, and top with hominy and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Use two forks to pull apart the chicken, and remove bones if you used bone-in meat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/kitchen 1-12-08 035 tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/WILD NOV 1 2007 018 resized tiny.jpg"> Me in my kitchen, and at the Wild game. I am a photographer, portrait and fine art, and I am a yoga instructor. Besides cooking, I enjoy fitness and yoga, reading, organizing, gardening, puzzles, family, and HOCKEY. GO WILD!!!! I love to cook for my large husband...he is a natural powerbuilder and has a lot of muscle to feed. People ask how he got so "huge" and he has to answer, my cooking of course! We both work out a lot, so we eat a lot of healthy food...I cook a LOT! The recipes I post and save to my cookbooks are usually healthy and lower calorie, or can be adapted to be so. <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Garlic tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Press It tiny.jpg"> Garlic is the best! <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 210 EDIT GRIT BORDER tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 192 HARD LIGHT ILL GRIT BORDER2 tiny.jpg"> Yummy veggies!