7 hrs 20 mins
It seems as though we always have a bag of leg quarters in the freezer, and we always have trouble deciding what to do with them. This is one we always have the ingredients for, and makes for an easy dinner paired with rice or potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken leg quarters, split
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can milk
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons butter
- tony chachere's cajun seasoning (or any cajun blend you prefer)
- 1Saute onions and garlic with oregano in 1 tablespoons butter in a wide pan. When onions have browned, remove and set aside.
- 2Rinse chicken and pat dry. Split the quarters and sprinkle with Tony C's on each side.
- 3Brown the halved chicken quarters in same pan in two batches, one for the thighs and one for the legs. Use 2 tablespoons butter per batch.
- 4Leaving the excess butter in the pan, put the onions and garlic back in the pan, along with the soups, milk, water and 1 tablespoon liquid smoke and bring to a rapid simmer. Whisk while heating, deglazing the pan in the process.
- 5Put chicken and sauce in crock pot and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours, Medium 4-6 hours, or on High for 3-4 hours.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.5
- Calories from Fat 525
- Total Fat 58.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 229.2 mg
- Sodium 2274.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: