5 hrs 30 mins
We love this at our house, it's just full of flavor! If you find that the potatoes are cooked before the chicken just remove them to a plate. You will love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (use only if you prefer extreme spicy)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (can use more)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 4 russet potatoes, cut into large cubes (about 1-1/2-inch)
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped (or use a 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1Season the chicken pieces with seasoning salt or regular salt and pepper.
- 2Brown both sides in oil and butter in a skillet; transfer to the crock pot along with the chopped tomatoes and potatoes.
- 3In the same skillet saute onions, garlic, brown sugar, cayenne, bell pepper, thyme and chili flakes (if using) until soft (about 4 minutes).
- 4Stir in the chicken broth to the skillet and stir with a wooden spoon on low heat scraping up any browned bits in the skillet.
- 5Pour the broth/veggie mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- 6Cover crock pot and cook on high heat for about 3-4 hours (adding in the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper the last 40 minutes of cooking).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Caribbean Chicken and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.0
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 113.6 mg
- Sodium 267.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 31.8 g