Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
For those cold nights ahead this is one of my favorites...
Make and share this Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beef, cut into chunks
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups red wine (I use the cheap cooking wine, and it still turns out mouth-watering) or 2 cups Burgundy wine (I use the cheap cooking wine, and it still turns out mouth-watering)
- Mix and cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
- If desired, stir in a bit of sour cream before serving over hot buttered egg noodles.
- Oh, this is so savory and easy.
- Enjoy with a green salad and warm crusty bread.
Very easy and very tasty. I threw this together in about 5 minutes before I went to work. When I came home, the house smelled wonderful. I used a sirloin steak because that's what I had in the freezer. I only had 1 cup of wine, so used that plus 1 cup of beef broth. I found that I had to thicken it with a bit of cornstarch. Also added about 2 tbsp of sour cream near the end (personal preference). I served it on a platter of egg noodles and topped it with freshly chopped parsley. Definitely a keeper. (Next time I would eliminate the broth altogether and use 1 cup of wine plus some sliced fresh mushrooms).
It's easy and full of flavor. Serve with egg noodles. One note, if cooking with wine, never use "cooking wine". If you can't drink it, it isn't worth putting in your food!!! Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup sour cream right before serving for a creamier and richer sauce.
It IS very easy and tasty! However, I ended up adding an extra can of condensed soup to thicken it a bit more towards the end (I didn't have sour cream). Also, though my partner didn't think so, I felt the wine flavor was just a bit too pronounced. So next time I may try half boullion and half wine for the liquid. Will definitely make again.