1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon
8 hrs 30 mins
I've been making this for years and years. It's one of those never fail to please recipes. The recipe originally came from the little book of recipes that came with my first crock pot. I often buy and use beef that is already cubed to save a little time. I also by a jar of small onions and add that instead of the fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 lbs beef round steak, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1/2 lb white pearl onion, peeled
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- 2Remove from pan and drain.
- 3Add beef cubes to the same pan and brown well.
- 4Place browned beef cubes in crock pot.
- 5Add onion slices and carrot slices to skillet.
- 6Add tomato paste, thyme and minced garlic.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir in flour.
- 8Add broth and mix well.
- 9Add this mixture to the crock pot over the beef.
- 10Add bay leaf and pearl onions.
- 11Crumble cooked bacon and add to crock pot.
- 12Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- 13Saute mushrooms and add to crock pot with wine about 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 427.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak