Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A big slab of cornbread is perfect for sopping up this stew's tasty gravy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean stewing beef, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice (can use chil seasoned)
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) cans mexicorn, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot except cornmeal; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Turn up to high.
- Stir in cornmeal.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
This is a great lil spicy stew that will feed a whole family and have left overs :) If you dont like spicy i'd just cut the red pepper in half. this is a nice little spin on a crockpot stew. Thanks for sharing yooper! Made this for a Bargain Basement Tag.