Green Chile Stew
- Ready In:
- 1hr 24mins
- 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cups green chili peppers, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dredge pork in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil and brown pork. Remove pork and set aside.
- Saute onions in same pot and then return pork to pan, and stir in remainder of ingredients. Simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender and mixture has thickened.
Join The Conversation
This was very tasty. I made as directed, except cut it in half since it's only my hasband and me. I used some canned chopped green chillis and also threw in a fresh jalepeno from the garden. It sure was sipcy! Just how we like it. I had some jalepeno cheese bread that I toasted then buttered and sprinkled with garlic salt to serve on the side and dip in the stew. It was a wonderful meal. Thanks for posting! Made for Please Reveiw My Recipe Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>