Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
It is very full meal; if you are not hungry you can eat it as lunch alone. It is also traditional soup for Sunday’s meals, family gathering, or feasts. Use turkey back, wings, legs, head or parts of turkey not suitable for Tank’s giving meal. Turkey meat you are not going to put into soup use for salads.
- 300 g turkey
- 30 g turkey liver
- 10 g turkey (hearts)
- 10 g turkey (stomach)
- 200 g carrots
- 100 g tomatoes (or one whole tomato)
- 150 g onions
- 100 g parsley roots
- 50 g celery root
- 150 g green peas
- 10 g kale (one leaf)
- 10 g salt
- 10 g black pepper (whole berries)
- 20 g flour
- 10 g lard
- 100 g fresh dill (minced)
- 100 g sour cream
- 3 liters water (cold)
- Put cold water in a pot (appropriate large pot).
- Rind carrots, onion, parsley, celery and put all other ingredients into water. Boil and after it boils reduce heat and cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- In the meantime, cook green peas until almost done and put aside.
- Take another pot and melt lard and put flour in it and fry until it become slightly brown (brownish). Add just a little soup in it and mix hard until it become creamy; than add filtered soup.
- Cut carrots into small cubes; add green peas and turkey meat (including livers, hearts, and stomach – of course cut them into small pieces).
- Cook for more 30 minutes on low fire. You can also add noodles if you like.
- Before serving add sour cream and freshly minced dill and serve.