Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Makes a wonderful presentation on your dinner plates. Potatoes are crisscross cut, brushed with butter, sprinkled with spices and baked. An easy throw in the oven and forget it dish.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and cut each potato crosswise at 1/4" intervals to within 1/2" of the bottom of potato.
- Cut lengthwise (in the opposite direction) in the same manner, creating the crisscross pattern.
- Be sure not to cut all the way to the bottom.
- Place potatoes in ice water for 30 minutes.
- Dry potatoes and place in a baking pan.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Mix spices together and sprinkle on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 425°, turning and basting every 15 minutes for 45 minutes or until tender.
Great recipe, my husband and neighbor loved them, will be making many more times in the future!!!!
This are so pretty and unusual and the spices set them off perfect. So easy to have in the oven baking while I was working on the rest of dinner. DH and I both enjoyed these and the look was so impressive. The spices are right on. Thanks so much for posting.
Very very good. I used olive oil in place of the butter and added a little cayenne. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside. I will be making these for the next dinner party I attend.