Recipe by kitchenchemistrypro
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This appetizer makes a statement with Sriracha sauce adding some kick to a healthy, pop-in-your-mouth appetizer! Your guests get a surprise crunch with baby carrots and red pepper in these morsels!
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1⁄3 cup baby carrots, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper, sweet, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, not fat free
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sriracha sauce, found in Asian aisle
- 2 (2 ounce) packages miniature phyllo cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add carrots, red pepper and shallot. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine shrimp and 1Tbsp. of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning; toss to coat. Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon juice and Sriracha sauce; mix until blended. Stir 1 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and reserved carrot mixture; mix well.
- Place phyllo cups on a baking sheet. Carefully spoon a teaspoonful of shrimp mixture into each cup (do not overfill).
- If serving immediately, bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Drizzle with Sriracha or sprinkle with additional chives if desired.
- May be made up to 2 hours in advance, refrigerated and then baked.