Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the exact recipe from the back of the box of Ancient Harvest Brand Organic Quinoa Flakes. I have not made these yet, but they are definitely in my "to try" pile.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa, Ancient Harvest Brand (make sure they are the flakes!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat honey, brown sugar, margarine, peanut butter and vanilla in medium bowl until creamy. Combine rice flour, quinoa flakes, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Add to mixture and beat until well blended. If desired, add nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
Love it! My first try at wheat free baking and very tasty.
We made these off the box. Although we liked them, and they didn't last long. I have a child allergic to peanuts, so we only made them once. But these were good!