Oat Pancakes (Wheat Free)
photo by Dreamer in Ontario
- Ready In:
8 4-inch pancakes
- Put oats in a blender or food processor and blend about one minute, or until ground to a flour consistency.
- Combine oat flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Combine egg, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture; mix until just moist. Allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick large skillet or gridle over medium heat.
- When hot, pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on surface of pancake. Turn over and cook until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
These are the BEST pancakes I've ever had. I do not say that lightly. I signed up to this site just so I can review this recipe. Also, in case you are wondering, they are still awesome without eggs. I didn't have eggs today when I made them and they are still awesome! Possibly even better without. From now on, I will just skip the eggs every time, less calories.
Wonderful recipe. Was surprisinly fluffy yet very filling. I substituted soy milk for the regular milk though. Makes 1 1/2 belgian waffles. Thanks to Dreamer for suggesting serving with apple sauce. Was a yummy touch! I have only been eliminating wheat from my diet for almost 2 months now and these satisfied my texture craving very well. Thanks for the recipe!
Mikekey, I love these! I especially appreciate how healthy they are. I was a little worried about how thin the batter was, but after resting for 5 minutes, it thickened up and the pancakes were absolutely perfect. For anyone who loves country style pancakes, you'll love these. I halved the recipe and it yielded 3 4-inch pancakes. Thanks for a keeper!
Recently started avoiding wheat and had a craving for pancakes. These were a wonderful substitution. Heavier texture than regular pancakes, but more pancake-y then those banana and egg only ones. Exactly what I was looking for. Great as written, but I may tweak the flavours in the future. Will make again.