Quinoa Oatmeal Cookies
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup quinoa
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats, not instant
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 apples, cored and pureed (skin on) or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Rinse the quinoa and add to the water, cover the pan, reduce heat to medium low and cook at a simmer until the water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease 3 baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine everything except for the chocolate chips, and mix until well blended. Fold the chocolate chips into the quinoa mixture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until browned around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Allow cookies to set up a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.