Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sweet and spicy Asian fusion dish is sure to please!
Make and share this Crispy Orange Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- cut the chicken into 2 inch pieces.
- add egg, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and mix well.
- stir flour and cornstarch together.
- add chicken to flour mixture and coat each piece well.
- pour oil into skillet and heat to 375 degrees.
- add chicken pieces in batches and fry about four minutes.
- remove chicken and drain on paper towels.
- allow oil to cool and remove all but two tablespoons oil.
- saute garlic for one minute.
- add remaining ingriedients and bring to a boil.
- cook three minutes.
- reduce heat and simmer til thickened.
- toss glaze over chicken.
- serve with rice.