Honey Glazed Lemon Chicken
photo by RuPei
- Ready In:
- 7 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon low sodium salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, zest and juice of them
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped, use parsley if prefer
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub chicken thighs with sea salt and ground black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, white sugar and 1 cup water. Set aside.
- Combine corn starch and 1/3 cup water. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over a little higher than medium heat. Pan-fry chicken thighs (skin side down first) without oil until both sides become golden brown, about 5-8 minutes each side.
- Transfer chicken thighs to a roasting rack. Bake for about 30 minutes or until center reaches 165°F.
- Return to skillet. Keep about 1 tablespoon oil and turn on heat over medium high. Stir in lemon juice mixture and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, stir in honey and corn starch mixture. Cook until thick.
- Turn off heat. Stir in cilantro or parsley. Pour over chicken thighs. Use sliced lemon for garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I like to teach people how to cook authentic Chinese food since most Chinese food I've tried here in the US has lost its original taste. Therefore, the recipes I post here have not been adjusted at all. They are just how you would taste in my homeland. Hope you enjoy!<img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /></p>