1 hr 30 mins
Great served as finger food for guests at dinner party or makes dinner special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 18 ounces fresh mushrooms, whichever u prefer
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (25 7/8 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package (3 sheets)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add mushrooms and onion and cook stirring frequently for 13 minutes until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are tender.
- 3Stir in flour, thyme, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- 4Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Let cool.
- 6Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured work surface.
- 7Spread 1/3 of mushroom mixture over pastry.
- 8Roll up pastry.
- 9Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 10Repeat with remaining 2 pastry sheets and mushroom mixture.
- 11Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 12Cut chilled pastry crosswise into ¼-inch thick slices about 32 slices per roll.
- 13Place cut side down, 1-inch apart from ungreased baking sheets.
- 14Stir egg and water in small bowl.
- 15Brush slices with egg wash, without letting wash drip down sides.
- 16Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- 17Serve warm.
- 18NOTE: Unbaked and uncut filled rolls can be refrigerated a day ahead or be frozen up to 3 weeks.
- 19Then thaw in refrigerator and cut and bake as above directions.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Mushroom Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (1759 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 35.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g