Versatile Marinated Chicken Wings
photo by Kelley52
- Ready In:
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice wine
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram
- Cut off the bony tip of the wings and cut the remaining wing into 2 pieces at the joints.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a non-metallic container and toss in the wings.
- Marinade for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC.
- Please wings in two separate baking dishes and cook for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this as a welcome home recipe for the DM [using Chinese option] (she was in nursing care for 5 weeks while we were on holiday for part of that time) and she loved it - like all soy based recipes I found it too salty for my tastes (even using low sodium soy). When I went to buy chicken wings it was actually a LOT cheaper for me to buy mixed chicken pieces so we ended up with 3 wings, 3 drumsticks and 1 large thigh, all in the bone and skin on (just over a kilo and $3.32 - when taking phot I took of just the chicken wings but when serving it was a drumstick and wing each and the DS got the thigh). I baked at 175C fan forced oven for 1 hour, after marinating for 2 hours and I only had 1 tablespoon of rice wine left so made up the rest with dry sherry. Thank you Terese, made for Bargain Basement.