Recipe by blucoat
This is an awesome recipe from The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen! The flavours really work well together. Not only is it fast, easy, satisfying, and delicious, it is healthy, vegetarian, and low calorie too! You can omit the feta to make it vegan. Recipe was printed in the latest Bon Appétit Magazine (Feb. 2009). To cut down the fat, eat them open-faced as a taco salad. Use a griddle to prepare multiple tacos at once.
Top Review by LibbyAnne
I was also looking to see if this recipe had been submitted. I made it after looking through Bon Appetit, and it is a standby favorite in our house. We love it!! My husband asks for it almost weekly!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄3 cup parsley
- 4 corn tortillas (white or yellow ) or 4 wheat flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- bottled chipotle hot sauce or hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans and cumin in small bowl; partially mash. Mix 2 teaspoons olive oil and lime juice in medium bowl; add coleslaw, green onions, and cilantro and toss to coat. Season slaw to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 teaspoons olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tortillas in single layer. Spoon 1/4 of bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; cook 1 minute. Fold tacos in half. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Fill tacos with feta and slaw. Pass hot sauce alongside.